Who We Are
A team of international, experienced, self motivated, focused professionals that is passionate about results. The team has a proven track record of working together and being able to turn the vision into a success.
The combination of entrepreneurial skills and hoteliers provides the context in which business decisions and the guest experience can be perfectly balanced.
The team is now positioned to capitalise on past achievements for the benefit of owners and investors.
About Moreno Occhiolini
Moreno Occhiolini, Founder and Managing Director, was the Chief Operating Officer of Rocco Forte Hotels where he was one of the founding members of the core management team, until March 2009. Moreno joined Rocco Forte in 1997 from Forte plc when Rocco Forte’s new hotel group only owned the Balmoral in Edinburgh and was negotiating potential acquisitions in Europe and Russia (the Astoria, St Petersburg, the Savoy Hotel, Florence). Moreno’s role at Rocco Forte Hotels comprised three key aspects: development and growth of the owned-, leased-, managed- hotel portfolio, and the management of the operations and technical services.
Development Responsibilities Highlights
- Oversaw the refurbishment of the Hotel de Russie in Rome which opened on 15 April 2000 and became market leader in June 2001.
- Oversaw the refurbishment of the Hotel Savoy in Florence. The hotel opened on 1st May 2000 and became market leader in September 2001.
- Identified and negotiated the hotel projects in Frankfurt, Berlin and Munich, all on a sophisticated lease basis, taking into account the relative weakness of the German economy. He was responsible for the entire phase of construction as the leaseholder until the hotels were handed over to the operating team.
- Negotiated and finalised the terms of the hotel in Prague, due to open later this year.
- Significant and exceptional project in Sicily where as President and Managing Director, negotiated and purchased 250 hectares of land. Negotiated a substantial grant from the Central Government. Negotiated and obtained important financing from a major bank. Until March 2009 he was also responsbile for central and local Government contracts.
- Involved in negotiations for management contracts of future hotels being constructed in Marrakesh and Abu Dhabi.
Prior to that, he worked for NUR of Germany in Spain and Greece, with Westin Hotels snd Resorts as V.P. Europe and Managing Director of Germany flagship Vierjahreszeiten in Hamburg.
About Elena Bruno
From the opening in 1994 until 1998, Elena Bruno was Director of Sales and Marketing of the Hotel Eden in Rome, which was the city’s most profitable and renowned property during the 1990s.
Elena joined Rocco Forte Hotels in 1999 to oversee the launch of the Italian properties: the Hotel de Russie (Rome) and the Hotel Savoy (Florence). Besides heading the Sales and Marketing team, Elena was also in charge of the central reservation and Revenue Management team. One year after both hotels opened (2000), they became the best performers in their respective cities, with Elena leading the promotional and organizational aspects.
In 2003, she was appointed Area Director of Sales and Marketing for Rocco Forte, which made her responsible for Le Richmond (Geneva), the Château de Bagnol (Lyon), in addition to the Italian hotels for which she was already responsible.
In 2005, Elena was appointed General Manager of the Hotel de Russie in Rome, and in her three years in the position achieved the highest financial results and return-on-investment in the hotel’s history.
About Corinne Bornefeld
Corinne Bornefeld joined Rocco Forte Hotels in 1999 from Forte Village, to set up the financial and administrative operations of the cluster of Italian hotels and corporate entities (Hotel de Russie and Hotel Savoy, and, later, also one in Sicily). She assisted in the takeover of the Hotel Amigo in Brussels, the Le Richemond in Geneva and is worked on their openings in Prague. She has oversight responsibilities of the finance teams in Germany (Frankfurt, Munich and Berlin) and continues to look after Geneva.
Corinne led the installation of the IT systems both for front of house operations and back of house administration (Navision) in all the properties as well as in The Head Office. The IT platform also delivers the reporting requirements for head office and the group overall.
Prior to Rocco Forte Hotels, (from 1994) Corinne was financial controller at the Eden Hotel in Rome responsiblle for the accounts department at the Palazzo della Fonte as well as the management of the accounting team. In 1997/98 Corinne was financial controller of Forte Village where she led the installation of a structured IT network with Fibre optics.